Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2000 caravan engine removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 08:46 PM
LayZ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 caravan engine removal

I have done my share of engine swaps, mostly rwd v8 chevys and i can do them in my sleep. Unfortunetly my Caravan sucked up some water and damaged the 3.3 engine. I have a remanufatured one commingbut the guy wants a ton of money to put it in. I was thinking since i have done swaps before maybe i can do it myself since i can turn a wrench.I'm just worried about doing it on a FWD car and last time i poped the hoodthere was very little wigle room if i recall right. Do you think it would be easier if i took the nose off?

Thanks

Old 04-18-2007, 09:30 PM
floorslayer1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2000 caravan engine removal

Taking the nose off won't really buy you the room you're accustomed to doing RWD's. Almost all the stuff is is reach over or from the side. You will have fun doing a FWD juggling torque converter and mating the two parts (tranny/engine) . You'll do fine, just don't be afraid to remove things like the battery platform and such to give you hand and elbow room.

Quick Reply: 2000 caravan engine removal