Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2005 Caravan SXT power door lock problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 03:32 PM
jglen490
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flashing the BCM for door lock problems is a well-known and documented solution for a well-known and documented problem on the '05 Caravans and Grands. It's not free, but it's only about $120 +/- and it resolved the problem on my '05 Caravan SXT. My remote works and the inside lock switch works. I had it done several months ago.

eksharp8, sounds like your dealer doesn't know much. I went in to mine and started describing the problem in great detail. After about 10 seconds, the writer told me about the problem and the solution, we wrote the car up and had it back before the day was done.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:37 PM
eksharp8
Default power lock issue

thanks jg, I'm trying edl's solution if it doesn't work I'll definitely try to get the flash done, what is the dealer and city/state where you had your work done.....thanks again

Old 10-23-2011, 03:30 PM
eksharp8
Default flash

jglen490, what is the name and city/state of your dealer so I can have my dealer call yours they don't know about the flash...thanks...

Old 10-24-2011, 02:02 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Tell your Dealer if they would type the words DOOR LOCKS into the search box on Techconnect they will find it. Every Chrysler employee and every CHrysler dealer on Earth has access to it. Sometimes I read these dealer stories and just bang my head on the keyboard in disbelief...lolzzz

Disconnecting the battery will maybe work for a few days but eventually it will start happening again. That flash just isn't for the door locks. There are all kinds of cool things it addresses....like the rear wipers just going dead too.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:36 PM
eksharp8
Default door lock

thanks TNtech for the reply, I think I now have what I need, much appreciated....ek

Old 10-24-2011, 10:50 PM
kimsun

Dodge caravan door lock problems - countless:
http://www.carproblemzoo.com/dodge/c...e-problems.php

Old 10-30-2011, 12:56 AM
dennysm

The right rear door won't unlock on my 05 Grand Caravan SXT when i use the remote or try to unlock it at the drivers side switch. I am going to start by checking the wiring harness to see if I get voltage to the plug when I activate the switch. Am i wasting my time, any suggestions.
How do I remove the door panel to get to the wiring and relay?

Old 08-09-2013, 09:54 PM
ImeldaGuiyab
Default 2005 grand caravan power lock not working

To all of you who have problem on power lock not working issue on caravan, POWER LOCK CAN BE FIXED with simple, just connect extra cable from negative (-) battery to any body part ground of your van.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:19 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

These are old post. They are almost two years old. Did you have this problem this took care of the problem? I have done the flash update, just as TNtech and others on dodge members on the forum.

Old 08-10-2013, 01:05 PM
jglen490

Back in November of 2011, as noted in my post above, I had the BCM flashed. I still have that beautiful Caravan and the doors, remote, and everything else still works just fine. The driver's side door lock actuator is getting weak, but that's a completely different problem for another day. Just do the BCM flash, it's a cheap AND CERTAIN fix.

Quick Reply: 2005 Caravan SXT power door lock problem