Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Question on SRS wiring Diagram for 02'

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 05:27 PM
WalkingEagle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on SRS wiring Diagram for 02'

I have an 02' Sport. I replaced the stock seats with leather seats from a Chrysler Limited van of the same year. When I connected the the electrical plugs, Ithe airbag light on my dash stays lit. Anyone know how I can get this to turn off? Anyone have a wiring diagram for this system?

Thanks, Matt.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: Question on SRS wiring Diagram for 02'

going about this all wrong U did not have a light on untill u changed the seats right?? then u either have seats that have stuff that your old system is not configured for. What u need to do to start is see what the code for the air bag light is and go from there.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:04 PM
WalkingEagle

Considering we live in the days of abundant PLCs and microchips, I can certainly concede that thisis the wrong approach.

No the light was not on before I put the fancy seats in the car. First of all, the seats from the Limited have an airbag built into the the seat bolster whereas the Grand Caravan Sport seats do not. Ipresume that there are two different SRS control modules for the Limited and the Grand Caravan Sport. My approach for solving this problem is that the Limited seat wiring harness includes a feed wire from theseat bolster which my SRS control unitdoes not recognize and hence the light goes on. My rationale is to find the correct SRS feed wire in the Limited seatand to disconnect it. I wouldn't know what to do even I were todecipher a code. I hope I don't have to give up my comfy seats just because of a little indicator light.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain

well the side air bags are controled by there own controler which would be located in the b piller which u dont have ne way. The side air bags are bused over the network to the Body computer. I think u have an issue with the pretensioner in the seat belt buckles either they are not the same resistance as what the ACM wants or they are damaged to begin with. Pull the codes from a dealer or some one that can get into the ACM and see what it says, like pass or driver pretensioner open or short to ground to together. The wires u want to remove dont even play into this because they go to the Side air bag controlers and then bussed out.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:40 AM
WalkingEagle

I see what you are saying. I will make a trip to my dealer and we'll go from their.

Quick Reply: Question on SRS wiring Diagram for 02'