Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Moisture in headlights.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 05:43 AM
ndorfin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moisture in headlights.

I own a 2001 Caravan and the right headlight is full of moisture. Is there any way I can fix this myself without replacing the whole headlight housing? When i say it's full of moisture...I mean its gotten to where actual water is built up and rolls around in there. Any tips would surley be appreciated. The wife and Iare going on a trip next week and I really wanted this fixed before it pops the bulb.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: Moisture in headlights.

take out the head light assembly 3 8mm screws on top take out the headlight bulbs and blow out the water or leave it out over night or stuff some paper towles inside and soak up the water. Now check for the bulbs being loose in the housing to see if that is where the water is comming in from or inspect the housing and look for cracks and super glue any if see one.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:13 AM
ndorfin

Okay thanks bud. I will get on that this weekend.Got to havegood headlights to cut through this darn smoke hanging over south ga. lol

Old 05-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain

I hear ya we had some of it just north of ATL last week

Old 06-05-2007, 02:34 PM
dg98adams

I did that several years ago.

When I pulled the headlight out, I drilled some small 1/8 hole sin the back and front corner to allow the headlight to drain.

It's condensation I think

Old 06-05-2007, 09:55 PM
floorslayer1
Veteran

Be careful, because a sudden stop will splash the water up and shatter the bulb. The third vehicle this happened on for me, I actually drilled a 1/16" hole at the botton and drained in out that way and then just put a dab of clear silicone in the hole (which commes out easier the next time ) This always seemed to happen after the factory bulb were replace for the first time and the seal just isn't the same after being disturbed.

Quick Reply: Moisture in headlights.