Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Relay Switch Van Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 08:30 PM
RebeccaMc78
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relay Switch Van Won't Start

I just bought a 96 dodge caravan and it has a weird problem. Sometimes the van will not start, but if I open the hood and take out the first relay switch from the bottom and put it back in the van will start. Also the blower for the A/C or the heater does not work. I do keep the A/C on high though because if by chance I am driving down the road and the fan does come on, I know the next time I go to start the van it will not start.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:15 PM
dg98adams
Default RE: Relay Switch Van Won't Start

There are contacts in the starter solenoid that can have that effect by not allowing the van to start sometimes.

Get the starter rebuilt (solenoid), as the factory starter is way better than what is on the parts store shelves.

Old 06-26-2007, 02:26 AM
next2pool
Professional
Default RE: Relay Switch Van Won't Start

Which relay is it? They are marked on the cover. My 2000 and my shop manual has a different fuse/relay box layout than your 96. Sounds to me like you may be resetting something. When you say it won't start, does it crank or just nothing?

Quick Reply: Relay Switch Van Won't Start