Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

electrical system

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 01:05 PM
slayer07644
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical system

i own a 1997 dodge caravan and i drove it two days ago when i reach where i was going i cut the motor off and then i tried to start it the battery was dead.
i got a jumpstart i drove it home cut it off and the same thing happen.
i put a new battery in the van it started but the controls that operate the rearheater,rear winshield wiper,the AC,the lights on the controls just keep flashing after i reset the computer.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:02 PM
computerpulse
Default RE: electrical system

Sound like possible ECM

Old 06-27-2007, 03:00 PM
next2pool
Professional

Are you sure your alternator is charging--these things will run quite a while off a fresh battery before it depletes again. It sounds like your heater/airconditioning system is in diagnostic mode. Those flashing lights are part of the diagnostic system controlled by the BCM. If your voltage is low, that BCM can do all sorts of strange things. I would check your voltage at the battery with the engine off as well as running. It should be about 12.6 after sitting overnight and about 13.5 or higher while running.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:43 PM
slayer07644

i am not good with the terms can u make it easier for me please

Old 06-28-2007, 04:29 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain

u need to recal your AC control head here is how u do that
COOLDOWN TEST ENTRY TO INITIATE TESTS: [ul][*]Set Blower motor ON HIGH[*]Set Mode position to Panel[*]Open all A/C outlets[*]Set Temperature to Cold (Both slide pots if equipped)[*]Depress WASH and A/C simultaneously for 5 Seconds [/ul] NOTE: Prior to start of test, If the evaporator is already cold, the system will fail test. To correct, operate system with A/C OFF and the blower motor ON high for three minutes prior to starting test.

Quick Reply: electrical system