Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Firing Order '01 Caravan

Old 05-31-2007, 11:27 AM
rnpalmer2435
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firing Order '01 Caravan

Hello everyone. New to the forum, but had a question.

I need a firing order diagram and schematic for my 2001 Dodge Caravan. We just changed out spark plugs and wires last night and now she won't start. She's popping codes number p1684 and p0123 up at us and I need to figure out what all of it means.

Please help me out with anything you can.

My van will crank, but she won't turn over. I've got a number of different opinions on what it is, but the 2 that make the most sense is that something's off with the timing or we have the firing order screwed up.

Please help, we're not professional mechanics, just vehicle owners who would like ot get our vehicle running since I have nursing classes starting up next week. We really need to get this van working or I won't be able to go to school b/c my husband works until after I usually have to be in class.

Please help!

Nida

Old 06-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: Firing Order '01 Caravan

the 123 is TPS volts high. did u take off teh air cleaner and disconnected a few connectors around the throtle body??
as for the 1684 never heard of that one. U cant mess up the plug order hehe its listed on the coil

Old 06-01-2007, 11:39 PM
rnpalmer2435

No it was not the firing order that we messed up, even though a certain mechanic was POSITIVE that that was the ONLY THING THAT COULD POSSIBLY be wrong.

I found out today that it might be the Crank Positioning Sensor. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what that does. I'm not sure I understand it.

From my understanding, this sensor is what properly controls the spark plugs and wires and the piston to tell the car to start up, right?

So if this has gone out, basically my starter is not functioning properly or it's this bad sensor not allowing it to function properly.

I won't claim to be smart when it comes to cars. I know how to drive one, change a tire, do an oil change, check the fluid levels, and that's about all I know about cars. Anyway, I appreciate the help I've gotten on this forum.

If someone can explain to me exactly what a crank positioning sensor does, or tell me if I've understood this correctly, I would appreciate it. I really do not know much about cars, but I'm learning as much as I can.

I'm still not sure if this sensor is the only thing or if it really is this sensor. That's what the computer diagnostic said, but I'm not sure I trust the mechanics who did the computer diagnostic.

I also have another question. Does the diagnostic computer really wear down your battery? When I got back to my van this morning to get my parking permit (for school) and have it towed to a different mechanic, the battery was dead on my car.

Thank you for your time.

Nida

Old 06-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain

did u even look at the TSP sensor like i asked??? an unpluged tsp sensor will not allow the van to run. from this point on u are simply guessing. Look at the simple facts u changed plugs and wires thats correct,or is there other stuff that u are not telling? If uwant to just throw money at sensros and computers go right ahead. But b4 u do any of that please go look at the air box area and around the black manafold thing on top looking stright at it and then to the left where the air cleaner housing go into the engein there will be unpluged sensors or not pluged in all the way.

Old 06-02-2007, 02:01 PM
rnpalmer2435

At this point, the van is not in my possession. The mechanic that has it is going to check it out for me. He said that he has a feeling it's just a wire that is disconnected. I fairly certain that that will be the first thing he checks out. I do not know enough about engines to try and find this stuff for myself, but if it's the one I'm thinking it is, it was not disconnected at all.

Thank you for the suggestions, though. I appreciate all the help you've given us. We'll definitely be using dodge forums more, if we have any more questions about my van!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Firing Order '01 Caravan