Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

How to disable liftgate beep?

Old 06-01-2007, 03:45 AM
jeffstatt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to disable liftgate beep?

I have a 2001 Caravan with the motorized liftgate feature. When you hit the button to open it, it emits four extra-loud beeps. I want to disable this beep!

I found a post somewhere on another forum that said to perform the following steps:

with the remote / fob:
- press and hold the LOCK button for 5 seconds
- while holding the LOCK button, press the PANIC button and let go of both at the same time.

Well, I tried this and it did not work.

--
I did find the little siren. It's in the housing for the license plate lights (right above the plate). You need two different size torx (star-shaped) screwdrivers to get in there. It's a little red device with four wires going into .
I'm not an electrician but I know enough to know that four wires means it not just as simple as clipping the things.

Does anyone know how to rewire this to circumvent the siren? or perhaps know of some other way to disable it?

Old 06-01-2007, 05:28 AM
jeffstatt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to disable liftgate beep?

Minor correction on my previous post. You do not need two different size torx screwdrivers to get into the housing. I looked at it again this evening and remembered that 2 of the screws were standard phillips-head, and the other two were torx. (I used the other torx screwdriver to disconnect the licence plate lights- which proved unnecessary)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to disable liftgate beep?