Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Gotta AC problem w/ 2002 Grand Caravan Sport now and it's gonna be 95 degrees for

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 02:01 AM
CEN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gotta AC problem w/ 2002 Grand Caravan Sport now and it's gonna be 95 degrees for

several days. Anybody gotta clue where to start with this problem?

I am getting cold air but only when Icut the fan on high and get AC. When I cut on the recirc button, I get a blast of air and it turns a tad bit colder. If I try to run it on any other fan level, nothing comes out. Works the same way I described above with the back ac as well.

Also, don't know if this has anything to do with it, but my cruise control quit working about a week ago. Would the two be related?

THANKS for your help!

Old 06-07-2007, 03:41 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: Gotta AC problem w/ 2002 Grand Caravan Sport now and it's gonna be 95 degrees for

only get air when u ahve it on high need a blower motor resistor both front and rear. The front will be much less complicated then the back one. As for the speed control does the light come on or no?

Old 06-07-2007, 11:42 AM
CEN
Default RE: Gotta AC problem w/ 2002 Grand Caravan Sport now and it's gonna be 95 degrees for

What light? The one on the recircuit button? If yes, it comes on. If no, where do I look? How complicated is the back? Any pointers? Should I take it to the dealer or my own mechanic?

THANKS!!!

Old 06-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain

the light on the speed control either on the wheel or on the dash to let u know that the speed control is on does it come on and off when u press the on off on the wheel????
The rear blower motor resistor will require the back panel to come off.

[ol][*]Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.[*]Remove the right quarter trim panel and right D-pillar trim panel from the quarter inner panel. (Refer to 23 - BODY/INTERIOR/QUARTER TRIM PANEL - REMOVAL).[*]Disconnect the rear HVAC wire harness connector for the blower motor resistor from the resistor connector receptacle (Blower Motor Resistor).[*]Remove the two screws that secure the blower motor resistor to the rear heater-A/C unit housing.[*]Remove the blower motor resistor from the rear heater-A/C unit housing. [/ol]

Old 06-07-2007, 08:27 PM
CEN

OK, I'm with you now. I thought you were just talking about the ac, but you're talking about the cruise control. There is not a light on the cruise control button (never have seen one either) when pressed on the steering wheel nor on the dash board. It's always shown up on the dash board. Any ideas on what's wrong and how to fix it?

MANY thanks!!

Old 06-09-2007, 08:50 PM
CEN

BUMP

Quick Reply: Gotta AC problem w/ 2002 Grand Caravan Sport now and it's gonna be 95 degrees for