Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

99 caravan a/c problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 03:09 AM
emtwright
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 caravan a/c problem

i have a 99 caravan the air worked when we got it used for a few days and than whent out. i got a recharge kit and it tolk two cans 48 hrs later when i checkedfor leaks i saw water, freon majorly coming out of the condastion hose it was glowing from the freon. and the ac stoped blowing out cold.any ideals why or what to fix it ?[/align][/align]

Old 06-08-2007, 09:51 AM
preacherphil
Default RE: 99 caravan a/c problem

replace the hose? Find the leak and fix it. Don't forget to add some OIL. I beleive that it the number 1 reason compressors go bad.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:53 AM
preacherphil

I forgot to add do not forget to vacuum the system after you fix the leak.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain

ahh good old evap leaking inside the dash and hvac housing not for the faint of heart if dont like to see the inside of your van all apart. To bad are so far away or i would do it on te side for ya.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:07 PM
emtwright

is there anywere to find a how to to fix this myself ? i think it might be cheaper and money is tight. is that why i kept hearing like a release of preshur or stem when the a/c has on the last day?s

Old 06-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain

I just told u how to fix it U will need to replace the evaporator inside the dash. Do see green dye comming from a black tube on the passanger side near the power steering pump and it is mixed with the water that comes out if yes then u have a leaking evap no way around it, patch no short cut,big job. What u hear is the system being low and moving around what is still in the lines and evaporator.Expect to pay around 800 to 1400 for this job.

Quick Reply: 99 caravan a/c problem