Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

05 Caravan ABS and seatbelt

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 05:16 PM
caravan05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Caravan ABS and seatbelt

How do you disable the seatbelt dinger? I've tried over and over using the directions outlined in the owner manual, but am left with that annoying chime. Does anyone have the proper sequence to disable it?

Second, I just put new front brakes on, and resurfaced the rotors. Everything was smooth until the next day. After about 50 miles were put on the new brakes, the ABS light came on, which now disables the ABS. I've done dozens of brake jobs before, and never had a problem. I'm wondering what the deal is with this. It has only 32k on it as well.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:18 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: 05 Caravan ABS and seatbelt

part one sit in the seat grab the seat belt and buckle it in.
Take it to the dealer for the abs issue with 32k and 05 should be under warranty

Old 07-03-2007, 07:23 AM
caravan05

I was hoping for more than a public service announcement and a 'take it to the dealer' response. Either of those I could have figured out myself.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain

do u have a scanner that is able to read the ABS computer?? if no then u will need to find some one that does and find out what the code is. Other then that there is no possable way of guessing what is wrong with the abs light. And as for asthe dinger the dealer as well can turn that off.

Quick Reply: 05 Caravan ABS and seatbelt