Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Left Front Turn Signal Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 02:55 PM
themagician
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left Front Turn Signal Not Working

I am a L2 Automotive Service Technician, I have a friends 96 Dodge Caravan That the Left Front Blinker stopped working.. The Light stays on even when the key is off.. This has just started to happen this past couple days, Before this it was out all the time, and it would not flash, The Rear left flashes faster then normal indicating a bulb out, but the bulb is replace same problem.. can anyone point me in the right direction of where I may find this short to power, (it is not blowing a fuse) ....

Thanks
Mike

Old 07-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: Left Front Turn Signal Not Working

Unplug the combo flasher under the dash that goes into the junction block.

[IMG]local://upfiles/51666/321FD49B9983479CA87646AF5B9A2D9C.gif[/IMG]

Old 07-26-2007, 10:37 PM
themagician

I have tried replacing with a new one no differance, i have been trying to trace the wires but been haveing no luck.. one weird thing I have found though is the light on all the time. So I was thinking a possible short to power. so I started pulling fuses one bye one.. The light never went out.. I pulled the fuse in the PDB for the Keep Alive Memory and the light went out.. plugged it back in 5 minutes later the light came back on. I am begging to wonder if there is a problem with the BCM or the Juction black that the combination flasher is attaced, This vehicle is driving me crazy if it was at work I would have probably found the problem by now but when its at home and I am trying to help a friend out I can't get to the bottom of it.. Thank-you for the wireing diagram I have been all through ALLDATA but can't seem to find anything..

thanks
Mike

Old 07-28-2007, 08:34 AM
dishdude2k
Captain

might want to pull the cluster and pull the panel off of the cluster.. see if theres any burns or anything.. if the cluster is shorted out.. you will have your short to power.. and you will also have your incomplete circuit blinks from the blinker..
does the front blinker do anything? ?

Old 07-28-2007, 08:35 AM
dishdude2k
Captain

never mind.. i just woke up.. i totally missed the 'left front blah blah' .. it could still be the cluster though..check it out to if anything.. eliminate it..

Old 07-28-2007, 08:37 AM
dishdude2k
Captain

just a thought.. that bulb that is out.. do the running lights work? try to check for short to power in say.. the headlight switch.. the park lights come on from that switch.. could be feeding back thru.. hence no blown fuses..

Old 08-04-2007, 11:59 AM
themagician

yha I checked all that stuff.. I am starting to lean toward the computer/junction block assembly, because I have no interior lights now as well, and still that left light is not working, its becomming a nightmare.. The 2 years I have been in this trade I have had to call 1 computer it just does not make any seense that the computer be no good and just have the one exterior light not working or staying on...

Quick Reply: Left Front Turn Signal Not Working