Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Need tranny help

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2023, 05:39 PM
Damtranny
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need tranny help

Hello my first post here, not overly mechanically inclined but I’m trying.
2008 dodge not so grand caravan 3.3l 4 speed auto tranny.

problem- doesn’t shift past second gear while driving.

My van has a lot of wiring issues!

This issue appeared randomly after I was having starting issues, I replaced the battery after taking apart the fuse box and cleaning it all up inside for that repair. I drove it for about an hour problem free then it wouldn’t shift past second gear.

i have replaced the tranny solenoid pack as well as the tranny filter and fluids. No leaks or issues but it still won’t shift past second. I need to diagnose the wiring harness to the tranny solenoids when I remove the harness to the tranny there are 8 terminals. 4 have power 4 don’t. 1.1-1.5.

*****Should the other 4 in the other side of the bolt also have power?or are these some sort of return signal line for something else?

Additionally I wanted to do continuity tests to the tranny solenoid and also the wiring harness but I can’t find any information online as to which of these terminals go to which solenoid nor can I f ind where the harness wires go to in the van without tearing apart the greasy wiring harness for the whole engine.

****if any one knows where to find the other ends of these wires off the solenoid plug please let me know. I’ve tried to look up the wiring diagrams online but due to lack of knowledge I’m having a hell of a time.

also note I am 8000kms away from home with limited tools in rural Mexico . I do have a test light and multimeter.

Old 12-16-2023, 06:10 PM
Damtranny
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@master tech any help would be appreciated. you seem to know your **** based on the other posts I’ve read.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Need tranny help