Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

won't start

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 11:16 PM
Z
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default won't start

I have a 2002 Grand Caravan with a problem.

This past weekend, I drove 3 hrs with no problem. Spent the night. Next morning, I drove about 10 miles and shut it off. After a couple of minutes, I tried to start it. It cranked but would not start. Waited about 5 minutes and tried it again and it started. After that it sat all day. That night drove around with no problem. Next morning, started with no problem. Made the same 10 mile drive again but, it shut off while driving. Again, it took about 5 minutes before it would start. Got where I was going and again it sat all day. That evening it started with no problem and made the 3 hour drive home.

Any idea's?

Thanks

Old 07-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Z
Default RE: won't start

Any ideas?

Old 07-25-2007, 07:35 PM
dishdude2k
Captain
Default RE: won't start

need to check fuel pump pressure.. and voltage.. best to do this when it stops running.. check pressure first.. think specs for it should be around 35 psi.. i THINK.. might want to check that part out.. if pressure is low.. check voltage @ the pump.. needs to be 11-13 volts with the key on

Quick Reply: won't start