Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Overhead Console Temperature Not reading

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 11:20 PM
rinny
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overhead Console Temperature Not reading

Hey all new to the site but had my 96 Caravan Sport for over 6years now. Wow the money I could have saved over the years if I had know this site existed.[:'(] Great vehicle but having a few issues. The temperature readout in the overhead console reads OC. Why would this be? Where is the sensor located? A few other problems I have is the right turn signal won't work most of the time. If I turn on the hazard lights then off the right turn signal continues to work but now even that doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? The other is the cluster issue not working but after reading many posts it sound like soldering issue which I will try this weekend. Thanks for any and all help.

Rinny

Old 08-12-2007, 10:41 PM
dishdude2k
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Overhead Console Temperature Not reading

temp sensor for the guage is behind the grill.. kinda goofy lookin lil thing.. upside down pyramid shape.. usually centered behind the grill.. check the plug.. and the wire.. as far as the turn signals.. sounds like a stuck relay.. or the switch is on the blink..it all runs thru the switch... and it sounds like yes.. the solder issue for the cluster.. try that.. if that doesnt work.. you will need to replace the ignition switch.. yes.. the ignition switch.. there is a tsb out for both.. do the cheaper and easiest first

Quick Reply: Overhead Console Temperature Not reading