Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Power locks and starting problem related?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 10:22 AM
fastgta
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power locks and starting problem related?

OK, I'm new to this forum, before I spend ALOT of money at a dealer can anyone help ! We were just on vacation and had a couple times when the power locks on our 2000 Caravan would not work at all from either door switch or the remote. Then all of a sudden they started working after starting the van. Now, my wife calls me and tells me that twice this week she's gone to start the van and it's dead, doesn't turn over or anything, after a couple tries with key it starts. The battery is only 2 years old. I've been reading the forums and see similiar problems, could it be the ignition switch going bad? Would that also affect the power locks? Next time it happens I'm going to tell her to see what else doesn't work. I know electronics and it seems to me theres a common factor here somewhere. I find it hard to believe we had 2 problems appear at the same time. Any help at all would be appreciated. We've sunk so much money into this van the past 2 years I don't need another big bill. Tony

Quick Reply: Power locks and starting problem related?