Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

96 Dodge Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 04:48 PM
nwalt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Dodge Caravan

Ive got a problem and im not sure what is causing it. About every 2 to 3 weeks my van will just stop running. Almost like it is out of gas. About an hour after it stops running it starts back and runs fine for another 2 to 3 weeks. I pulled the codes and it said that the egr valve was bad so i replaced it.3weeks later im beside the road again. Talked to the dodge dealership and they said it could be a while to diaganose the problem due the intermediate nature of the problem ( as well as expensive). Anyone have any ideas how i could conclusively diag this problem...Father-in-law says my next step is to replace the fuel filter.. Im just afraid that we will replace the filter and ill be beside the road again in 3 weeks....Please help..lol

Old 08-12-2007, 10:14 PM
dishdude2k
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 96 Dodge Caravan

raplacing the fuel filter wouldnt be a bad idea.. wont take too long to do it.. and they are about 15 bucks... easy as pie... on top of that.. go get a fuel pressure guage.. intermittant fuel pumps will do just that... sounds more like the pump to me... check the fuel pressure WHEN it dies... check it before hand too.. if its running fine.. but pressure is low.. which i would bet it is.. you will need a fuel pump...

Quick Reply: 96 Dodge Caravan