Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Help??What is wrong???

Old 08-13-2007, 02:49 AM
Awilkins78
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help??What is wrong???

Last night my wifes 1998 dodge caravan v6 3.0L started to act up. She said when she returned home from the grocery store she turned off the ignition and pulled the key out and it still acted like it was running. She came in the house and tried to wake me up but was unsuccessful so she returned outside and pulled off the negative cable to the battery and then put it back on and she said it still did the same thing. What could be wrong? Could it be something electrical like a short somewhere?

Old 08-13-2007, 10:53 PM
dishdude2k
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help??What is wrong???

could be a couple of scenarios.. first.. it could have been the electric fan.. if it was sensing it was a little warm.. it could have been the fan still on after shutting it off to cool it down.. now if the engine was still 'running' but sounded like it was 'coughing' or studdering.. more than likely she skipped time.. meaning the timing belt is gonna be gone.. and soon... sounds like it just skipped one tooth and sent it out a bit.. drive it.. check for hesitation when you take off.. if timing is barely out.. it will burn ritch.. meaning after cut off.. it will studder to get rid of the extra fuel.. it will idle fine.. but will hesitate or even miss when your hard on the gas.. thats where i would start... might want to let it run.. let the fans turn on.. check the temp guage.. make sure its not getting hot.. and the fan is staying on.. if it is.. it could be the bearings in the fan making more noise than usual

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help??What is wrong???