Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

AntiTheft Activated - Van won't Start.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 03:09 PM
eyskens
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please explain how, I am tired of this car playing games.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like you just have a dead battery. Have you tried jumping it with another vehicle?

Old 06-10-2010, 05:19 PM
trophyslayer
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how old is the battery?
since you just cleaned the terminals, are you sure both wires are tight and on the right terminals?

the clicking I had happen in my jeep, everything was clicking including the rear lift gate, changed the battery for a new one, all better

Old 04-28-2012, 07:58 PM
RodBoss

This sounds exactly like the problem I have. The dealership talked me into a $700 fuel pump replacement. This did not work. Have you solved your problem? If so please share with me the solution

Old 01-31-2014, 11:39 PM
Sergiojralvara

I have a 1997 Dodge grand caravan I replaced the body control module do to the Gage's not working @ all but did not dis activated the anti theft alarm and it did start and all the Gage's wear working but after I turned the van off it will not start and the alarm is activated can you help because I have no idea what to do

Old 10-11-2016, 12:20 AM
Willbohan47
Default Dodge anti theft failure

Take the door panel off look behind the lock tumbler where the key goes their will be a peice with two wires pull the wires cut them twist them together and problem fixed

Old 10-11-2016, 09:36 AM
07nightster

I'm going to hope/guess he figured something out considering the last post before yours was almost 3 years ago.

Old 04-06-2018, 09:18 AM
angiesmither

Originally Posted by 07nightster
I'm going to hope/guess he figured something out considering the last post before yours was almost 3 years ago.
Originally Posted by Willbohan47
Take the door panel off look behind the lock tumbler where the key goes their will be a peice with two wires pull the wires cut them twist them together and problem fixed
Hey thanks a lot for taking the time to text your input. 2 years later and what do you know someone else had googled the same problem with the alarm system and this is very helpful! The lock on the driver's side had been acting with s mind of its own for a while now so I bet this is it. Again thank you!!

Quick Reply: AntiTheft Activated - Van won't Start.