Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2001 Grand Caravan Radio panel Removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:30 AM
sjlenus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Grand Caravan Radio panel Removal

Hi All
I wish to replace my radio/cassette player with a CD player. I am having problems in removing the main panel.
I remove the small trim panel located just above the cup holders. It shows me 4 screws . 2 to hold the panel and the other 2 for the lower part of the front dash. I remove all 4 screws anyway. Now comes the problem . I hold the panel near the bottom and pull. Theseems to come out a little near the bottom but it seems stuck at the top.
Can someone detail where exactly to apply the force (where to grip the panel and pull) so that it comes out.
Or is there something else that needs to be done
Thanks in advance
Savio

Old 08-22-2007, 12:20 PM
haidangwa
Default RE: 2001 Grand Caravan Radio panel Removal

Sounds like you're doing the right things. The panel is on there pretty tight. It's intimidating the first time you try to pull it off, because of course, you're hesitant to break anything. Once the screws are off (that you've already done), just a good hard tug and the panel pops off. I always start from the bottom just as you've done.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:36 PM
dishdude2k
Captain

start from the bottom.. and pry it with a screwdriver lightly.. there are many many clips holding it in.. one clip at a time.. once you get the first one.. you will get the idea

Old 08-27-2007, 10:50 AM
sjlenus

Hi Guys
Thanks for all the help. I was able to remove the panel and swap a CD player instead of the cassette.
Great forum! great people
Savio

Old 07-24-2010, 04:06 PM
moosie

A few years late in on this discussion but sjlenus did you have to change any wiring or is there a converting kit to replace the new radio any help will be announced

Old 07-24-2010, 04:08 PM
moosie

Any one out there ever put in a Cassette deck/CD combo radio in a caravan.

Old 07-24-2010, 05:07 PM
905ranger
Amateur

Originally Posted by moosie
A few years late in on this discussion but sjlenus did you have to change any wiring or is there a converting kit to replace the new radio any help will be announced
When I re/re'd my 2003 I found it much easier to buy the wiring harness adapter.

http://www.carxtc.com/servlet/the-23...,-2003,/Detail

I soldered the conector to the radio in the comfort of my home and just plugged the unit to the van.

If I remember correctly you also have to buy an adapter plug for the FM antenna.

Quick Reply: 2001 Grand Caravan Radio panel Removal