Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

08 Caravan - Euro Suspension ? What's that? How different?

Old 09-01-2007, 09:19 AM
vegashiker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Caravan - Euro Suspension ? What's that? How different?

I have been looking at the dodge.com website about the new 08 Caravan. I see that when you specify the 4 liter/6 speed option, that it mandates something called the Euro Suspension. When I look at the Chrysler T&C website, they make no mention of that. nor on dodge.com if you go with the 3.8 engine.
Can anyone tell me what exactly is a "Euro" suspension, and how will it differ from the standard Caravan suspension. The folks at dodge.com online chat don't have any info on that yet. Load leveling? stiffer? ? ? ? ? ? ?
I carry about 400 lbs on a regular basis over the rear axle (handicap power chair lift and power chair via tailgate) with either one or two persons in the front seats.
The 08 will be replacing a 97 Caravan SE with 3rd row seat removed. In the 08 the powerchair lift will be installed
over the stowed 3rd row seat.
Which will give me a better ride considering the weight over the rear axle assy? My choices are:
Dodge Caravan SXT with 3.8 & Standard suspension
Dodge Caravan SXT with 4.0 & Euro suspension
Chrysler T&C Limited with 4.0 & Standard suspension

Thanks in advance.[/align]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 08 Caravan - Euro Suspension ? What's that? How different?