Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

eatin gas?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 07:05 PM
dishdude2k
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eatin gas?

ok all.. heres my dilema.. i havent done anything to this thing yet as far as diagnostics.. but my wifes caravan seems to be eating gas..but not all the time.. some times it will go great on gas.. sometimes you can almost watch it drink the guage away... when we bought it a few months ago.. i had to drop the tank and clean all the water out... and same for the lines.. i then pulled the fuel rail.. and injectors.. cleaned all that up.. the van has run like a top.. took it on a 1800 mile trip one way.. and back.. and it did great.. i have noticed some smoke.. white.. smells like oil.. and its consuming oil.. so i am getting ready to do a valve job on it soon.. so here are my questions

1. Any ideas i can start with to trouble shoot the gas issue.. its weird its only 'part time' guzzling.. and there is NO c/e light coming on ...
2. Any ideas as to what the best valves and all would be?

I am going to hook it up to the computer in a bit to get the vitals from the pcm.. see how it is lookin.. now i just gotta find the specs as to what the range of all of it should be.. any advice would be great.. thanks

Old 09-12-2007, 08:03 PM
XXL 1500
Captain
Default RE: eatin gas?

Possible Head gasket - white smoke, oil consumption, possible overheating could happen

Old 09-12-2007, 10:41 PM
dishdude2k
Captain
Default RE: eatin gas?

thought about that.. that part is the valves.. its oil burning.. theres no loss of coolant.. im gonna tear into it soon.. re do the valves and seals.. see how that goes..

Quick Reply: eatin gas?