Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2003 Caravan Horn not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 04:21 PM
varrus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Caravan Horn not working

I have an 03 caravan and the horn stopped working. I doesn't work when I lock the doors with the keyless either. It worked intermittently for a while (including when I locked the doors) but then stopped. I checked the fuse and relay by swapping them out with others of the same type and they are good. I read about the 'clock spring', and tested the cruise control and it works. Also, I noticed when i was checking the fuses, I had my wife press the horn and can hear a 'clicking' in the fuse box as though the signal is reaching there (that same clicking happens when you turn the headlights on, which work, so i assume its normal). Is it too much cooincidence that both horns would break? Or could it be the harness that connects them is bad? I lifted the van on rams and found where the horns are, but it seems i have to remove the front 'bumper' to really get to them. I'm not a mechanic and before I waste time I thought I'd post here. What can I check or should I proceed to swap out the horns? Dealership said it will cost $150 to swap both horns if that is even the problem...

Thanks

varrus.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:48 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: 2003 Caravan Horn not working

Is the air bag lite on??? If so the clockspring could be shorted causing horns not to blow. There are two things you could do, if you want. Find the horns and disconnect them and supply ground and 12 volts to the horns, if they don't blow replace them, if they do blow hook them back up. Disconnect the battery and remove the air bag module, after you have disconnect all the wires hook the battery back up. there is signal wire for the horn pad. ground it to the steering wheel, if it don't blow you need a clockspring. And then ck with the dealer to find out if it is cover under you warraty, that if it still covered.

Quick Reply: 2003 Caravan Horn not working