Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Popping noise under glovebox at start up (98 caravan)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 07:00 PM
The_Vigilante
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Popping noise under glovebox at start up (98 caravan)

When i start my 1998 dodge grand caravan i get this popping noise comnig fro munder the glove box somewhere. anyone got any ideas as to what that is? I think it started after it got back from the dealership when i had the timing belt changed...

Old 09-23-2007, 09:00 PM
dishdude2k
Captain
Default RE: Popping noise under glovebox at start up (98 caravan)

if its in the cab under the glove box.. all i can think of is the blower motor... if it happened after timing was done and the popping is under the hood.. timing belt could be loose and popping.. or they didnt get the cover in properly and its popping on the belt.. in which case it needs to be remedied..

Old 09-23-2007, 10:10 PM
The_Vigilante

now i dont want to blame mechanics or anything...but lately with the minivan it has seemed like everytime it comes fro mthe dealership...theres a new problem. And my parents now are very frustrated and distrustful of taking it to teh dealership and before thats the only place they felt comfortable taking the van.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:43 AM
chopper
Veteran

It could be the air mixing control door in the heat/AC system moving from the vacuum supplied by the now running engine.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:28 PM
The_Vigilante

wut would cause that though from ur scenario chopper? its never done it before until after it came back from the dealership. could it of been something i did?

Old 09-24-2007, 12:42 PM
dishdude2k
Captain

you still have to figure out if it is actually IN the cab of the vehicle.. under the dash... or if its in the engine compartment and your hearing vibrations and echos... best way to tell is get up under there and have someone start it and you start listening around.. i would almost bet your timing belt is loose.. and your hearing the echos from it slapping the timing belt cover.. thats why it will go away.. because at first its spinning slower.. it will slap.. when its at full rpm it straightens itself out

Quick Reply: Popping noise under glovebox at start up (98 caravan)