Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

front end noise?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 07:54 PM
dogz46
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front end noise?

hi. i have noise in the front end of my 97 grand voueger 3.3 fwd. i hear it mostly on the pass side i thought it was the wheel bearing ,changed it nope same thing.its been getting worse now it sounds like the axle but it does this rubbing ,nocking sound all the time with a slight hum,gets way worse going around bends. usually if its the axle in my passed times changing them they click only on take off or turning ,this does it all the time ,the faster you go the worse it gets,nothing seems loose,its always been well taken care of oil sprayed no rust anywere.it drives and rides nice .i can feel a slight nock on floor( pass front )in time with the noise. any thoughts? thanks. (240,000 Ks)

Old 09-30-2007, 10:31 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: front end noise?

If the noise is only the pass side ck the fan belt tensioner, water pump or a/c compressor. Also ck your brake pads too.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:30 PM
dogz46

thanks for tips mt. i am due for a serpintine belt replacement so ill check all that out then,next week . i didn,t mention that i dont hear or feel anything in idle only at about 5-10 Ks it starts. at first only turning right but now bothways. thanks again.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:20 PM
jubadah

Replace the axle shaft before it comes apart and tears something up or causes you to lose control. They don't always click when they are bad.

You mentioned that you changed the right front wheel bearing. Did you check the left side? I had a whining noise coming fromthe right front of my Caravan. I checked the right wheel bearing and it seemed OK, but Ireplacedit anyway. Still had the noise coming from the right front. I checked the left front wheel bearing and it was bad. Replaced it and the noise was gone.

With front wheel-drive vehicles drive-train noises can transmit throughout the front end. Check both sides!

Quick Reply: front end noise?