Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

a few other sissues

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 03:40 AM
98van
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a few other sissues

this is getting frustraiting. but i found i guess the cluncking problum from the front end, it is the sway bar. i grabed it ( witch i guess is right behind the control arms) and i was able to move it somewhat. so that solves the cluncking. but now when i make right turns it gives this low grawl type noise, only does it right turns. im thinking wheel bearing, tho the inner tie rod on the dirvers side is going bad witch is getting replaced next week. and now there is no heat at all. didnt lose any fluid or leaking any. could it be a bad thermostate or needs more attafrez or something (mixed with water) any help with those 2 issues would be great thanks.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:35 AM
chopper
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: a few other sissues

Look for a vacuum leak around the heater control box.
The front end growl could be coming from the CV joint going bad.
If it's coming from the rear it's probably a wheel bearing.
The bearings might be hard to find.My local Advance didn't have them unless you bought the whole brake drum assy.(I think)
You might have them look for the part number of just the bearing and see what they find.That's whatI had to do.If the bearing won't show up that way,you might have to go to a fleet supply shop (like NAPA ) or an industrial bearing supply house and have them match part numbers or dimensions.