Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Winter tires vs all seasons?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Canoe2fish
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter tires vs all seasons?

Hey folks.

We recently bought an '04 GC. I'm trying to decideif I should replace my all seasons early, or buying winter tires for it and getting another year out of the all season tires.

Any tips on weather or not winter tires on these vans are worth the extra time and money? (This van will primarily be my wife's daily driver. She's worried the cross winds in our area will blow her off the road, as it is more of a handfull than our old station wagon was in the wind)

Thanks,
Canoe2fish

Old 10-29-2007, 11:58 AM
vlmuke
Professional
Default RE: Winter tires vs all seasons?

it depends on where you live. if you live up north where they get alot of snow and live in a rural area and they don't plow it I would suggest it Buton the highway they are alot noisier than regular tires and don't last as long but can last several seasons if you swap then out in the spring. If you live in the typical midwest suburb and get only a few inches of snow at a time I wouldn't waste the money or time to get them changed out. I used to work at a tire store in Northern Indiana in the snow belt and I would only sell maybe two or three sets a year and only swap maybe 5 or 6 sets from people who bought them previously if that tells you anything in reality all season tires are just that rated for all seasons and weather to me if you have the extra space to store them,the extra money and want the extra security then get them

Old 10-29-2007, 07:32 PM
floorslayer1
Veteran
Default RE: Winter tires vs all seasons?

We live in upstate NY and have had many caravans for the past 10 years. We always run winter tires and have found it to be worth it. Sometimes Studs and sometimes not, but the extra bite that snows give seems helpful. I have 2 extra sets of rims for my wifes and mine so it's any easy swap seasonally and the rims are pretty reasonable at junkyards and readily available. Good Luck.

Quick Reply: Winter tires vs all seasons?