Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

1996 Caravan fuel line.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 11:37 AM
alwaysdutch
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Caravan fuel line.

My Caravan (291,000 mls) is leaking fuel at the point where a small bracket is mounted before it connects to the rail.

Does anyone know where to get a new fuel line or what the options are? Autozone does not have it and after calling a Dodge dealership, they told me that it is only being sold with the rail, which is a total of $205.

If anyone knows where to get a new line, that would be great.

Thanks,

Old 11-10-2007, 09:22 AM
chopper
Veteran
Default RE: 1996 Caravan fuel line.

I would try patching the line.
If it's a steel (or other metal) line you could try using JB Weld.This is a two part epoxy that will stick to just about anything and is impervious to gasoline.
A rubber hose is going to be tough.You might try cutting out the section that's leaking and joining it back together using a short length of metal tube on the inside of the hose.
I don't know if either of these are possible but unless you go to a junk yard or the dealer they might be viable alternatives.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:33 AM
dishdude2k
Captain

not so sure i wanna fly in your airplane.. patch it? with jb weld? never... suck it up and do it the right way.. either hit the boneyard and get one.. or get it from the stealership.. w/e u do .. just do it right.. that way you dont have to come back to it later

ORIGINAL: chopper

I would try patching the line.
If it's a steel (or other metal) line you could try using JB Weld.This is a two part epoxy that will stick to just about anything and is impervious to gasoline.
A rubber hose is going to be tough.You might try cutting out the section that's leaking and joining it back together using a short length of metal tube on the inside of the hose.
I don't know if either of these are possible but unless you go to a junk yard or the dealer they might be viable alternatives.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:49 AM
chopper
Veteran

A fuel line for my airplane doesn't even cost $205!!!

I've patched all kinds of things with JB Weld and,if done properly,they will never leak.
You must clean the area around the patch and remove all loose material like rust or any material that might work loose under the patch and undermine the repair.
If that ain't good enough.Take the line to a welding shop and have it TIG welded.It'll cost less than $205.

Old 11-11-2007, 05:14 AM
vlmuke
Professional

try a NAPA store they might have it cheaper

Old 11-11-2007, 08:49 AM
floorslayer1
Veteran

Before you do all the above, check with your dealer because there was a fuel rail recall for this generation, and what they replaced on mine involved a bracket too.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:37 PM
greenmachine
All Star

If the recall does not cover your problem area you could cut out, if steel, the bad section and replace with rubber fuel hose. Vis versa if its rubber. This is not a wrong way of fixing your problem just economical.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:12 AM
dishdude2k
Captain

i could go for a repair like that.. i just cant stand the whloe jbweld / duct tape meathod..

ORIGINAL: greenmachine

If the recall does not cover your problem area you could cut out, if steel, the bad section and replace with rubber fuel hose. Vis versa if its rubber. This is not a wrong way of fixing your problem just economical.

Quick Reply: 1996 Caravan fuel line.