Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

caravan power locks

Old 11-10-2007, 01:46 PM
KELLYLYNNE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default caravan power locks

Hey folks...newbie here.Hoping someone has the answer to my question.We have a 2005 Dodge Caravan LS. The power front doors will not lock electrically, either from inside door switch or from the remote.Vehicle does make chirping sound. We checked fuses, which all appear ok visually. Don't know what some abbreviations on fuse panel cover stand for, and can't find any reference in manual.They only work if you push down the locks(like in the old days...lol). Sooooo....any ideas?.Anyhelp would begreat. One more thing, couldn't figure out how to remove relays to try changing them around.thank you,Kellylynne .

Old 11-10-2007, 10:28 PM
dishdude2k
Captain
Default RE: caravan power locks

to remove the relays.. you just pull them out.. they are a pain in the neck to do.. wiggle back and forth.. put some force into pulling them out.. but they will come out

Old 01-18-2008, 08:47 PM
racin90
Rookie

Try disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes and see if the problem is resolved. Chrysler has a tech bulletin for this(i myself had to find it out on this forum since my dealer didnt even know it existed) since i had the same problem on my 2005 van and the dealer kept telling me it was due to the keyless entry system. BCM needs to be flashed and the dealer can only do this. 1/2 hour labor and no parts involved. For some reason.it not considered a recall. Been 2 weeks since i had mine done and so far it has been working 100 percent. Good luck

Old 01-18-2008, 10:42 PM
onephatcracka
Rookie

its not considered a recall because its not a safety issue. they can still lock manualy. Yes there is for some depending on the prduction date.

There also has been some issure with the BCM being the culprit.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:13 PM
racin90
Rookie

Yes that is what i was told. I consider it a safety issue since i rely on the locks to lock and stay locked to protect intruders since my wife has to drive through some questionable areas. My problem is since this was a problem and it came right out of the factory, in my opinion they should fix it no questions asked. I have filed a complaint against the BBB against Chrysler(i know...wont do any good) since my local dealer charged me 2X and should have installed the update the first time. Not to mention all the times i took it back to the alarm installers thinking they had made a booboo. Took me 1 year to get this figured out. And the service manager had the nerve to ask me where i have worked as a mechanic to brilliantly(yes.he used the term.brilliantly) come up with this diagnosis. Like i was just making this all up. His jaw dropped when he pulled the tech bulletin out. I work on Freightliners and when 1 comes in we automatically pull the update list per VIN# and make sure they are up to snuff. He told me quote"we donot do that. The only way we do an update is if the customer requests the update."How can the average Joe know if there is an update if they do not have the info nor the knowledge? Im lucky. I took the van apart and figured myself the BCM was not working the locks. Then.i found this site and did some research. Great site and very helpful. Thank you

Old 01-20-2008, 08:45 PM
onephatcracka
Rookie

Us as techs of chrysler are told not to update unless it will fix the issue. Not just for the hell of it. Chrysler will not pay us to update a compter just because. Thats why we don't do it. Not a personal view I take. I would update every one (and sometimes i do). Chrysler is kinda shady about paying thier techs, but then again that is an argument and a battle that never gets solved .

Sorry about everyone elses issue with this and there are people out there trying to change how chrysler is.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: caravan power locks