Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2001 DGC Headlight issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Vardon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 DGC Headlight issue

Hello. I have searched through pages and pages of the forum, but have been unable to spot this particular problem as of yet.[/align]I have a 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan that hasheadlight trouble. [/align]WhenI start the van up, only thedriverside daytime running light works, then when I turn on the headlights, only thepassenger side headlight works.I replaced both bulbs to no avail, soit isn't the bulb(s). Has anyone else had trouble like this or heard of this? [/align]Do you have any ideas that could help us? This has gone on long enough.
Thanks for anyone who can shed some light. [/align][/align]

Old 12-11-2007, 06:12 PM
dalrubaie
Default RE: 2001 DGC Headlight issue

I do have the same problem on myGC 2001 sport, is there any one here can help with this or add comment if they experience such problem?? Thanks

Old 12-14-2007, 12:24 PM
vlmuke
Professional

have you tried taking it to the dealer as I was looking in the factory manual and it says it couldbe the Front Control Module which needs a DRBIII scanner to read or the Intellegent Power Module whic by look ing at just has a bunch of fuses and relay so I would look into the FCM

Old 12-15-2007, 03:50 PM
dalrubaie

Hi
please check this link
i hope this will help us fix this problem
i did the cleaning thing it is not working on the FCM but go to the link and have some tips and tell us if you mange to fix it
http://www.topix.com/forum/autos/dod...O3LLH1ABOBM/p3

Old 12-15-2007, 04:38 PM
dalrubaie

ok we have snow storm in toronto canada and i went out again and fix this thing it take 10 min but it is worth it
i check it again and i did the twist to the FCM pins and now it is working i will see for how long????

Old 11-15-2008, 12:07 PM
blacklake1967
Professional

I just bought an '01 Caravan...which was being sold because of the headlight problem (previous owner quoted $1200)....

I did the twist thing, and BAM, everything works fine....I'm so freakin' happy right now. Thank You!!!!!

Only other problem was drivers power window, I just got it replaced (motor/mech) it was $240 installed.

Has new rad, a/c, tires, windshield, ...undercoated, non-smoker, very well cared for, regular service checks etc.

Ready for this?...I got it for $1000.

Quick Reply: 2001 DGC Headlight issue