Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Fuel injector wires - help with replacing

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 08:26 AM
kenhokie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel injector wires - help with replacing

99 Grand Caravan 3.3L 91,000.

Went to start the van... "service engine soon" light comes on.

Riding really rough...but drivable. So take it over to my reliable Midas shop to look at it and also put in rear brakes for me. They put it on the diagnostics... and code says fuel injector problem. So they investigate and find that the wires running to the fuel injectors have been chewed on by some animal.... or that is what they said it looks like.

So can someone help me with this....
Is it an easy fix for myself to replace these wires. Are these available from dealer only or possibly AdvAuto, PepBoys...etc?

Think it would be an easy fix for them... but they suggested that I take it to a dealer. Dont understand that... unless they dont have the parts. Trying to get these questions answered before going the dealer route.

I'm definately not a motor guru, but have done things like change a thermostat, new front breaks, front rotors, new plugs and wires... etc. But all with my old 92 Explorer which I had the Ford manuals for when I bought it.

Kinda at a loss, since this is a "newbie" car for me and dont have any manuals for it.

Thanks for any help... greatly appreciated!

Kenhokie

Old 11-29-2007, 10:50 AM
dishdude2k
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel injector wires - help with replacing

think i would find the wires that are chewed.. cut them one at a time.. cut the bad part out... and put new wire in it.. solder it together and heat shrink it.. make sure its the same guage of wire.. unless you cant tell.. if u cant tell what wire is what.. def. take it to a dealer

Quick Reply: Fuel injector wires - help with replacing