Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Views on my 2008 Grand Caravan SE

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 01:17 AM
jimgansett
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Views on my 2008 Grand Caravan SE

I have a 2008 Grand Caravan and wanted to share my opinion on it. Tons of room, lots of safety features, runs well, all in all very good (I have been driving Caravans since 1988). However, it has already been in the shop for 1) Bumper scuff plate was incorrectly installed and 2) Finding rattles over bumps at slow speed. Scuff plate was corrected, no problem. Interestingly, the rattling was coming from the door seals. Dealer said that there was a TSB on this as some 2008s left the factory with door seals which were not lubricated. Dealer soaked them in silicon lubricant and problem solved.

I really do like it except for one thing. I find the ride, compared to my previous minivans, more harsh in the rear suspension. Dodge went with the twist-beam rear suspension this year. Front suspension ride quality seems fine, the rear is noticeable harsher, I think.

I am curious if any other 2008 owners have found the rear suspension harsher than the previous models they might have owned.

Quick Reply: Views on my 2008 Grand Caravan SE