Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Remote start?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 05:37 PM
chouseal
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote start?

I'm thinking of getting the wifey a remote starter for our '05 Grand Caravan SXT. Anyone have experience with these? A web search brought up a bunch of options with built-in alarm systems and other crap I don't need/want. I just want a reliable, reasonably priced remote starter.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:41 PM
chouseal
Veteran
Default RE: Remote start?

OK, a link from the forum brought me to this Mopar remote starter: http://www.partsformydodge.com/PD-82....aspx?MakeID=7

Good deal? Better options elsewhere?

EDIT: Apparently it also requires this installation kit. Between the two, I'm looking at $260! Not an option.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:12 PM
dishdude2k
Captain

man you can get just a plain jane remote start.. for around 50 bucks.. easy.. i have installed many of these.. and as long as you READ AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS thoroughly.. you will be fine.. i have used bulldog brand with much success.. walmart carrys them... some people rant and rave about 'the biggest piece of crap you can put in your car' but i disagree.. most of them do what they are designed to do.. as long as the instructions are followed

Old 12-05-2007, 10:50 AM
greenmachine
All Star

I also have an 05 and and had one put in by the dealer. Did that because it would not void the warranty. With all the electronics on the thing I was not taking that chance. I purchased a Mopar remote start off e-bay pretty cheap. The dealer didnt know that and I was not going to volunteer the information. They charged me a couple hrs labor. Took them six hrs to do it, they said it was the first minivan they ever did. They warrantied it for a year and have had no problems at all.

Quick Reply: Remote start?