Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

99 Grand Caravan CD player

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 01:09 PM
khemraj1999
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Grand Caravan CD player

Hi everyone, My 99 Dodge Grand Caravan SE came with just the cassestte player. I wanted to install a cd player into it. I found this player on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-98...QQcmdZViewItem

I was told that some Town And country came with a simliar player which included amps on the speaker, i tihnk its the infinity system? Is this the same player? If it is then it shouldnt work on my system because i dont have the amps on my speakers...or would it?

Also, would u guys recommend a oem or aftermarket player? I'm also considering a nice touch screen tv, but i'm scared of the fit...what do some of you guys have ??

Old 12-05-2007, 03:03 PM
vlmuke
Professional
Default RE: 99 Grand Caravan CD player

my wifes van has one amost identical to it and I installed from my friends van when he put in a aftermarket radio it plugged right in and works fine I know I had the infinity in my jeep and it said infinity right on the radio

as far as putting an after market radio in its very easy you buy a kit with the face plate some kits have the wiring adapter in some do not but you can usually get them almost anywhere for around 20 bucks then its just wiring up the radio to the adapter and then its just plug and play really easy make sure you get a good ground the wires are all labeled its very straightforward and easy

Old 12-05-2007, 05:35 PM
khemraj1999
Default RE: 99 Grand Caravan CD player

tx for your reply velmuke. I'm pretty good at installing stuff so installation is not much of a problem. The only issue is dodge/chrysler made their dash so small!!! i cant fit anything in it that i'll like. And the aftermarket radios (single din) doesnt look nice in them. So i'll get that cd player. But if u know of a nice indash tv that would fit in there and look nice i'd rather do that..cause i'm eventually thinking of putting a tv in the back too.

What would u say a fair price is for that cd player if i decide to go cheap ?

Thanks very much
Khemraj.

Quick Reply: 99 Grand Caravan CD player