Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Adding Automatic Headlights

Old 12-20-2007, 04:07 PM
4plus3vette
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Automatic Headlights

Hi Everyone,

I just bought my first Chrysler product - all I have owned in the past have been GM vehicles - but when my wife needed a minivan, I decided to go with the best - Dodge/Chrysler.

So, the van I have is a 2007 Chrysler Town and Country - sorry it's not a Dodge on this forum, but they're close enough, right?

So, my van does not come with the automatic headlights, but it does show a picture of the switch in the owner's manual with automatic headlights as an option. The difference is, my van has 1. Off, 2. Driving Lights, and 3. Head Lights. If I had the automatic headlights, it would be the following: 0. Automatic, 1. Off, 2. Driving Lights, and 3. Head Lights.

Does anyone know how much work is involved to add the switch, light sensor, programming, etc to add that feature to a van that does not have it from the factory?

Thank you,

Jim

Old 11-20-2008, 11:33 AM
bh758

I am curious as well, we like our 05 SXT very well and it would be nice if we were able to upgrade to the automatic headlights if it was as easy as switching out the switch or somehting similiar. So what does it take? Has anyone else looked into this?

Thanks,
Brian

Old 11-20-2008, 03:55 PM
vwomein
Professional

just in case you don't know......if you shut the key off BEFORE you turn the headlight switch off, the lights will stay on for about 60 seconds. This is helpful for when I get home in the dark.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:53 PM
bh758

bump.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:25 PM
circumventor
Banned

i spent allot a time on this and figgure that yall gotta change wiring, bcm and ad lite senser

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Adding Automatic Headlights