Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

1994 Grand Caravan DRL Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 12:06 PM
pugle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 Grand Caravan DRL Problem

Hi, I have a '94 Grand Caravan (3.3L V-6) with 545,000 km on it. On Friday, the DRL's would not shut off when the engine was turned off. I've tried removing fuses, and looking for stuck relays... no luck. The only way to get the lights to turn off is to disconnect the ground cable from the battery.It's just the DRL's... all the other lights are off as they should be. The headlight switch has no effect either. When the switch is turned on, all the lights work as they should and shut off as they should.Any ideas that could help me out? Thanks

Old 12-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Whacked
Default RE: 1994 Grand Caravan DRL Problem

Had a 93 with the same problem. It's the DRL module on the passenger side firewall. It's square and it's black.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:34 PM
pugle

Thanks Whacked, I'll Take a look and see. I might be able to get one from a scrap yard or something. The van is going to the junk heap in the spring, so I don't want to spend a lot on it now. But I must admit... it's served me quite well over the years. This is just one of those annoying little problems that pop up from time to time.

All the best.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:47 PM
pugle

Hi Whacked, I un-plugged the module and the DRL's went out. The light system works normally otherwise. So now it's just a matter of seeing if I can find a cheap replacement.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: 1994 Grand Caravan DRL Problem