Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Window Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 12:36 AM
Swinny
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Problems

Hi;
I have a 2000 Dodge Caravan, and I'm experiencing a problem with the passenger window. In the beginning it would intermitently stop working,......unfortunately in the down position. It would usually work again after the ignition had been turned off a few times. I thought it might be a fuse,.....but it doesn't appear to be. My mechanic assumed that the motor would need to be replaced. A little while later, I started experiencing problems with the rear quarter panel window on the same side - it wouldn't open at all. Then the buttons on the drivers side started to control the the quarter panel windows on the opposite side that they should.

So my dilemma is this. I could replace the motor for the passenger side window,....but that might not necessarily be the problem ( which would be a waste of money). I also concerned that trying to diagnose the source of this problem might be costly as well.

So I thought I'd see if anyone else has had any problems of a similar nature first,........to narrow down the potential causes. Anyone had similar experiences with wierd window problems?

Thanks!

Old 01-06-2008, 12:50 AM
next2pool
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Window Problems

Wow--you may have several things going on here. The front door window problem is very common and is almost always the motor itself. One way to check, is when it stops again, hold the button in the up position while you forcibly slam that door shut or bang the inner door panel while holding the button in the up position. Many of us have replaced the motor without replacing the regulator. A good used junk yard motor is about $20, while a new regulator/motor asm is over $60 but much more work. If it is always a problem in the up position, it is the motor (worn brushes). If it is the body computer, disconnect the battery for a minute and let it reset.

Quick Reply: Window Problems