Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2007 Grand Caravan;20,30,40MPH issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 06:26 PM
smurphy5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Grand Caravan;20,30,40MPH issues

Purchased 2007 Grand Caravan Special Edition brand new off lot late July. Had issues from beginning w/hard shift at 20 mph. Took to dealership; they adjusted some sensor. Still had issues - took to dealer again - along with a noticeable leak in driveway. They "fixed" the issues supposively. i then started to notice some 'shuddering' or 'shaking' of the van at around 30-40 mph in addition to the REALLY hard shifting (whole van would shake) at 20 mph. Noticed mostly in stop and go traffic!! Took it in AGAIN just Friday and was told today that my torque converter was "falling apart" so they replaced. They did 3 separate things for the same issue so i'm not sure if it's even fixed yet, but in reading other posts, seems there is an issue with Torque Converters on the 2007 Grand Caravan. Wanted to make everyone out there aware of the multiple issues apparently with this and it WON"T go away. I thought it just needed to work itself out and get some miles on like it says on some other sites, but apparently Dodge still hasn't fixed their transmission issues. We had a 1997 Grand Voyager that finally stopped running at 178,000 miles. Was a good van so we purchased another Chrysler vehicle. Questioning that decision now!

Old 01-09-2008, 09:52 AM
jc13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Grand Caravan;20,30,40MPH issues

I have the same van, a 2007 Grand Caravan Special Edition. I had the torque converter replaced at 6000 miles. There was a TSB released by Chrysler for the problem, which was a bad part from the factory in some of the vans. The part has since been replaced. The problem I had was a shudder when shifting from 3-4 gear, and it kept getting worse.

I have since put about 1500 miles on the van andhave not had any transmission issues.

Quick Reply: 2007 Grand Caravan;20,30,40MPH issues