Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Driver side blinker erratic

Old 01-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Dev2007
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver side blinker erratic

The driver side blinker in my 2000 Dodge Caravan is acting erratically since few weeks now.

It starts by working fine, but after a few kms/hours/left turns, the left turn signal blinker flashes once and stays on. The front blinker is off, back blinker is ON, the Cabin indicator(green colour light) stays on. At this time, it stays on even when the turn is completed, or even when the turn lever is back to normal position. In fact, it stays on even when you try to turn on the other side (right turn signal).

I changed the bulbs after the prblem started, but the problem has persisted

Any ideas?

Regards
Dev

Old 01-10-2008, 06:33 PM
vlmuke
Professional
Default RE: Driver side blinker erratic

check the contacts and wiring for corrosion and loose connections start at the bulb end first

Old 11-04-2008, 01:04 PM
terminated

I have the exact same problem apart its my off side thats playing up then it seems to go to the drivers side after only way to get it off is frantically wiggle the indiator stick up and down, bu ti will try your suggestion thx

Old 11-05-2008, 06:50 AM
floorslayer1
Veteran

Just out of curiosity is your problem more common nwhen the headlights are on or when it is higher humidity. We have had a similar bproblem with our 99GC for the last 2 years and the dealers we have taken it to can not give us any help short of starting to replace things like the BCM ($800). This van has also had 3 clocksprings in under 40k miles.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:59 PM
terminated

It just seems to happen regardless of day night warm or cold, we had a similar problem last yr but had a battery replaced and the negative connector to the battery was corroded it seemed to go away and we thought it was related to that but now its back and seems unrelated to the battery now i had had little problems apart from the usual in the past but this is annoying and at least is dangerous.
! other thing i have noticed is that when the indicator locks up if i dont notice it and turn engine off it remains on solid odd really our DGC 2000 has now got 275000km on the clock weird

Old 11-08-2008, 05:30 PM
rabbler
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the ground wire to the front turn signal.
The wiring was common to rot above the front wheel well liner

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Driver side blinker erratic