Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 Grand Caravan Power Side Door Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 04:39 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

TSB NUMBER: 08-017-09, October 27, 2009.

Here's a link: TSB 08-017-09

George

Old 12-27-2013, 04:19 PM
rlbellco72
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious, I new to the forum and have a question about our 2008 Grand Caravan. The electric sliding doors work fine when using the key fob to open them. However, pressing the button does not close the doors. This is the same on both sides. Has anybody experienced this and if so, what was the resolution? Thank you for any help you can give.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:22 AM
palominogurl86

My 08 caravan driver side door will not open or close manually, anyone have this problem and what was the cause?

Old 02-13-2014, 10:00 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by palominogurl86
My 08 caravan driver side door will not open or close manually, anyone have this problem and what was the cause?
palominogurl86,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with the driver side door. Does the power door function still work, or is it only when trying to open it manually you have trouble?

In some cases with a door remaining closed, an issue may be present with the latch system on the door. Have you had an opportunity to speak with your servicing dealer?

Old 02-15-2014, 02:22 PM
palominogurl86

Door will not open or close manually or electronically.

Old 02-15-2014, 03:49 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Does the lock work on that door?

Old 02-17-2014, 03:06 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by palominogurl86
Door will not open or close manually or electronically.
palominogurl86,

If the door remains unusable, it is something I would recommend bringing to your dealer's attention. The direct cause for the door remaining stuck can be related to the power sliding door motor, the latch or possibly the child lock mechanism. A closer look will help to determine what is responsible for the issue.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:43 PM
palominogurl86
Wink

Reset battery and door will work manually but still not by power. Going to check wires tomorrow and hope its an easy fix.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:46 PM
dale3844
Default i wasnt having any trouble till they did recall .

They did recall one side started falling apart broke links and wires , I thought the company should still be responsible for it so after talking to 4 different dealers and they offered no support to repair the wiring harness. I went and finally ordered my own for $183 . needless to say still bitter about this I try to be happy with my dodge but it's sure hard.

[QOTE=MaximilionFriday;2954435]I have a 2008 Grand Caravan, that the sliding doors were an issue from almost the beginning

I was overjoyed about the recall, figured the would fix the cables and stuff too.

did not happen, but the safety recalled replacement track is some plastice chain thing that fell apart almost immediatly. That is not terrible, becasue they will replace that forever.. or untill it doesnt break -- i guess...

anyway, has anyone had issues with the actual tracks and cables coming off the doors? or any fix on those? besides the dealerships?[/QUOTE]

( i

Old 06-29-2015, 04:28 PM
TWGORN
Default door wiring harness is JUNK

Dale - We had no problems until 2010 when our harness was replaced due to recall. After that we have had to fix the linkage and wiring numerous times. My dad even replaced some of the wires with a more flexible radio wire to hold up to the movement. When I was just in the shop I had them check it to see if we could have it fixed again because of the recall. Even though my main power supply wire was severed, many other wires with obvious wear and the support linkage was practically in shreds, that was not the recall. The recall only put a stop in for the wiring harness to stop when the door closed to prevent the wires from pinching. They don't care if their crappy set up can cause fires in the door or that their cheap plastic support system will only last a couple of years forcing you to pay a horrible markup for some more plastic and wires. We've been to salvage yards and through the internet and there are some options without going to Chrysler, but not many.

Quick Reply: 2008 Grand Caravan Power Side Door Problems