Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Please HELP! 08 Dodge Caravan MyGig screen

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 09:29 AM
jhsand
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please HELP! 08 Dodge Caravan MyGig screen

Recently, someone messed up my touch screen by going into Engineering Mode-screen calibration.
And now, I cannot get the touch screen to work the way it's supposed to.

Is there any hard reset for the screen like a combination of buttons to be pressed?
Or, any software-based factory reset? (Data on the Hard drive are not important).
Or, maybe reinstalling the Mygig software Version 9.004 will reset all to the factory settings?

I have the Mygig REN system in my Dodge Caravan 2008.

Thanks!

Old 03-30-2008, 11:44 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: Please HELP! 08 Dodge Caravan MyGig screen

There is an updated DVD disc for the mygig radio's, TSB 08-025-07. contact your local dealer.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:58 PM
jhsand

Thanks master tech for your time, but actually I found the solution (by coincidence and persistence!).

To re-calibrate the touch screen, I don't need to go to the Engineering mode at all, it's a combination of buttons.

I'm not really a fan to update this MyGig REN, especially that no real benefits to do so!

Old 04-08-2008, 01:07 AM
ano

What combination of buttons you use to recalibrate touchscreen? I have the same problem.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:53 PM
valkraider

The Unofficial MyGIG Information site:
http://mofv.com/mygig/

The site has lots of information, and is growing daily. It was set up by one of the guys here in the Avenger forum...

Old 06-01-2008, 04:07 PM
zurkypants

There is a radio option to recalibrate your touch screen. Please press the following three hard keys simultaneously RADIO/MEDIA – SEEK UP – NAV (AUDIO on REN). Once you begin to recalibrate the touch screen you must finish. Audio confirmation prompts are provided for each of the three points of calibration, one beep for the first, two for the second and three for the third. The calibration needs to be precise as possible and a PDA stylus would be recommended. The MyGIG radio requires the user to repress each calibration point to confirm the calibration process. A green crosshair indicates proper calibration.

found on:
http://mofv.com/mygig/

thanks for all.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:27 AM
Ricke_t
Default *** don't do it ***

I would like to WARN everyone NOT to get into the "calibrate touchscreen" option in the engineering screen. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR "MYGIG" RADIO!!! DO NOT DO THE THREE FINGER SALUTE (SEEK UP + RADIO/MEDIA + AUDIO/NAV). YOU WILL BRICK YOUR "MYGIG" RADIO.

Being a pc programmer, I naturally explore every detail available to me in software. I found the (SEEK UP + RADIO/MEDIA +MENU) which got me into the engineering screen. Going through the options I found the "calibrate touchscreen" option. COOL! Maybe I can get the touchscreen to be touch sensitive like my iPhone. NOPE! I went right into this screen with three cross hairs and I had to click the cross hairs in order to calibrate. SHOOT! This sucks, so I turned the radio off in hopes that it would cancel the process. NOPE, just screwed up all the touchscreen options completely. No warning message. No cancel button. No back button. Nothing. So I tried to do the calibrating with the three finger salute option cuz I could get into the "calibrate touchscreen" option in the engineering mode anymore. The touchscreen buttons would not work at all anymore. I messed around for 3 hours trying to click the cross hairs perfectly aligning every red cross to a green cross on the cross hairs. WHICH SUCKED ALOT!!!

I finally gave up. I hate being a quitter too!! I took the Journey into the dealership and they couldn't fix it either. I am getting a new radio now!!! Thank god it was still under warranty!!!

This is Dodge gimmick to generate revenue!! Brick your radio and your past the warranty, you just SOL!! DON'T DO IT!!

Old 07-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Ricke_t
Thumbs down The More I think about it ...

More I think about this, the more P.O. I get. Here's my rants:

For a programmer/Diamler/Chrysler/Dodge or whatever name they use when they emerge from BANKRUPTCY, to let the end user(EU) get into an extremely dangerous place like that is unethical !!! A GOOD programmer would protect the EU from disastrous results like that!!! The pc analogy would be to open a message dialog saying "Click to fix PC hard drive", the EU clicks the dialog thus producing a DOS window with the command C:\>FORMAT C:\*.* /u ... and of course, with no "yes / no" confirmation options. The DOS command formats the hard drive unconditionally and everything is lost.

VERY NAUGHTY Harman Becker!!!

Harman Becker, I would be happy to test your software or consult with you on the software behavior.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Anze
Talking Done!

Hello all,

I'm new here with my 300C but I had the same problem playing with my REZ. After "calibrating" the touchscreen nothing worked. I found your forum and tried the recalibration with the three initial buttons. Same result... no chance to control the unit anymore.
just some minutes ago a tried it again and again and again and thought about the direction... and it finally worked!
You must not start with the "+" but with the "+1", then goto "+2" and last to "+". Repeat this until all crosses are green and exit with pushing the menue or any other key. Done!

Try this and you never need to visit your dealer again!

regards
Anze

Old 08-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Ricke_t

Originally Posted by Anze
Hello all,

I'm new here with my 300C but I had the same problem playing with my REZ. After "calibrating" the touchscreen nothing worked. I found your forum and tried the recalibration with the three initial buttons. Same result... no chance to control the unit anymore.
just some minutes ago a tried it again and again and again and thought about the direction... and it finally worked!
You must not start with the "+" but with the "+1", then goto "+2" and last to "+". Repeat this until all crosses are green and exit with pushing the menue or any other key. Done!

Try this and you never need to visit your dealer again!

regards
Anze
You rock! ... I think the sequence is the key to the whole thing. I started with "+". In the programming world, counting starts with 0 and I figured the "+" was the zero or start point. I tried to push the menu button when I had all the green cross hairs but to no avail. I did receive my new radio yesterday!!

I am glad that you got your radio working ~@@~

Quick Reply: Please HELP! 08 Dodge Caravan MyGig screen