Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Front wiper problems - 97 Dodge Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 09:50 AM
dogeguy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front wiper problems - 97 Dodge Caravan

Front Wipers don't work in any position. But they work every time when push for water.

I have changed the combination switch that controls it. But no luck. Just to be sure that I did not get new faulty switch, I ordered another one and replaced the new one, still the same problem.

And I left wipers on for 15 minutes drive, they would turn on few times and then stop.

Any ideas?

Old 09-15-2008, 09:09 PM
madtrapper5

My 96 Caravan had the same problem so i went to a junkyard and got a whole another control unit for the wipers from another Caravan. It didnt work any better then the original so you are better off just buying a brand new wiper control unit from an auto store you trust. Do'nt do what i did, it was a big mistake.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:26 PM
diy_dad

Saw this site on another forum http://repairpal.com/cars/dodge/caravan and under the Electrical & Lights Section it said: Voltage spikes can cause erratic behavior in the electrical system (lights, locks, wipers, headlamps). This is often caused by relays. Inspection and replacement of relays is required; revised relays are available. Looks like Dodge has had problems with this and have a revised relay available, theres lots of info on every make and model and repair issues on this site. Check it out!

Quick Reply: Front wiper problems - 97 Dodge Caravan