Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Remote Start Programming

Old 04-30-2013, 09:02 AM
helifly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start Programming

Should be picking up my 2010 lease return GC next week, (4.0L SXT) and when I tested it found, along with the exterior lights flashing, the horn honks twice as part of the start sequence.

Don't think the neighbors will appreciate that every time, (and even less at 6 AM) so wondered if that can be programmed out.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:03 PM
kuyabribri
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know you can disable the horn when pressing the remote lock button; maybe it's the same setting. I'm going to assume since you have a 4.0 SXT that your instrument panel has the EVIC - the setting is on the EVIC. If your van don't have EVIC the procedure is on page 22 of the owner's manual.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:33 PM
helifly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally picked up the van yesterday and spent the rest of the day playing around with it. On topic I found the horn was tied to the "Door Lock" portion of the start sequence. Once I had reprogrammed the system to flash the lights instead of horn for Lock/Unlock they will not honk when the remote start is active.

Yeay! Now if I can only turn off the belt chime....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Remote Start Programming