Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

98 T&C Rear Heat Stuck

Old 06-18-2004, 08:45 PM
OHLT1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 T&C Rear Heat Stuck

Just recently, my rear AC/Heat decided to get stuck on the heat setting. It has dual climate control and I have played with all versions of the settings to see if it will switch over and it stays on heat. I checked all the cabin fuses and the ones under the hood and they seem fine.

Another intresting point is that it gives out heat through the lower section and is not affected by switching to a cooler setting. No air comes out of the upper a/c ducts.

Any ideas?

Old 08-25-2007, 12:02 AM
1moparman1
Default RE: 98 T&C Rear Heat Stuck

I have the same problem. Did you find a fix??

Old 06-27-2010, 03:48 PM
galefamily
Default 98 Dodge Grand Caravan, heat stuck on

the other day hot air started comming from my vents. The A/C was working fine earlier that day and I think I had just turned off the snowflake because the van was cooled off inside and I just wanted to let the cool air continue to blow. All of a sudden HOT air started blowing from the vents even with the temp slide all the way to the left. It seems like the heat is stuck "0n" and when I turn on the A/C it cools off a little bit as if the A/C was fighting to overcome the heat at the same time? The engine temp is normal and the A/C compressor is working and the lines under the hood are getting cold. Anybody have any ideas on what to do with this problem??

Old 06-27-2010, 06:14 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
If you have a/c gauges, you need to hook them up and post your reading. You may have a plugged H-valve/expansion valve.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:19 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you can also go to the diy section and perform the actuator calibration / diagnosic test and see what you get.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 98 T&C Rear Heat Stuck