Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

'03 caravan power steering hose

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 11:49 AM
spowel4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 caravan power steering hose

I need to replace the ps pump on this van and I've got everything loose except for the pressure line hose. I've got the correct 16mm flare nut wrench/line wrench for the hose fitting but I can't get the thing to break loose. Any suggestions? This is the only thing I've got left to disconnect before I can replace the pump (I've still got to remove the pulley of course).

Old 12-21-2008, 05:37 PM
chopper
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to insult you but make sure the fitting is being turned the right way.Lefty loosey,righty tighty.Odd positions sometimes cause confusion even in the best of us.
If that isn't enough you might try a cheater bar/pipe,if that's no good a hammer can be used on the wrench to jar it loose.
It'll come off with enough force.
If none of the above help out,you might cut the line and just replace the whole thing.Things like this are easier to work on looking them straight in the eye.Check prices though,some high pressure hoses can be surprisingly expensive.

Quick Reply: '03 caravan power steering hose