Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Stereo Issues on a 96 Dodge Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 12:39 PM
detective509
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Stereo Issues on a 96 Dodge Caravan

When I turn on the stereo all it does is make a popping noise one time. I have replaced the stereo with two other ones and still the same thing. I assume it is the amp. Where is that located and is that the only issue it could be?

The lights work on it all except for the display where the clock and station setting is at. Is that part of the amp problem too?

Someone help Im tired of long car rides with no stereo.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:52 AM
96GCSE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did your van come with an Infinity Car Audio System? If so then it's the Amps that are "popping." If you have the Infinity C.A.S. and don't have sound through your speakers then it's truely an amp problem. I had to hook up an extension wire off the BLUE "remote/power antenna" wire and BLACK Negative wire, down where I could manage to find a place to mount a toggle switch to turn on and off the Speaker Amps. Mine still "pop/thump" when I turn on the toggle switch and stereo. It's something you'll have to get used to.

As far as the the clocks dimness, look on your stereo's wiring harness and look for one for "ILL" for ILLUMINATION and hook that up to "ILL" wire on the aftermarket connecting harness.

Here's a Generic Drawing of what I'm talking about:

Name:  StereoDiagram.jpg
Views: 2412
Size:  21.6 KB

Quick Reply: Stereo Issues on a 96 Dodge Caravan