Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2009 Caravan KeyFob reprograming ??

Old 02-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Absorber
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Caravan KeyFob reprograming ??

I just purchase new 2009 caravan with dealer installed remote start , I now have 4 key fobs 2 remote start and 2 regular .

My father in law has same van with no remote start , would like to give him one of my extras ,

any ideas how I can , if I can ???

Cheers ,

Old 02-01-2009, 06:38 PM
tomthbomb

Good luck.

I have had no response to my question about reprogramming a fob.

From what I have seen so far on other subjects this forum is 95% questions and 5% answers.

Last edited by tomthbomb; 02-01-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:04 AM
dfk70

From blupupher over at www.chryslerminivan.net for 2001-2007 years:

Customer Key Programming

You can program new sentry keys to the system if you have two valid sentry keys by performing the following procedure:

1. Cut the additional Sentry Key Transponder blank(s) to match the ignition switch lock cylinder key code.

2. Insert the first valid key into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch ON for at least 3 seconds but no longer than 15 seconds. Turn the ignition switch OFF and remove the first key.

3. Insert the second valid key and turn the ignition switch ON within 15 seconds. After ten seconds a chime will sound and the Theft Alarm Light will begin to flash. Turn the ignition switch OFF and remove the second key.

4. Insert a blank Sentry Key into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch ON within 60 seconds. After 10 seconds a single chime will sound. The Theft Alarm Light will stop flashing, turn on for 3 seconds; then turn off.

The new Sentry Key has been programmed. The Keyless Entry Transmitter will also be programmed during this procedure.
Repeat this procedure to program up to a total of 8 keys. If you do not have a programmed sentry key, contact your dealer for details.
NOTE: If a programmed key has been lost, see your dealer to have all remaining keys erased from the systems memory. The remaining keys must then repro-grammed. This will prevent the lost key from starting your vehicle. All vehicle keys must be taken to the dealer at the time of service to be reprogrammed.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:11 PM
Hillbilly1964

Late model Chrysler integrated fobs cannot be programmed to another vehicle...the chip locks once initially programmed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2009 Caravan KeyFob reprograming ??