Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Door locks failing on 2005 -disconnect battery and they work again.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Clayton Berry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door locks failing on 2005 -disconnect battery and they work again.

My local shop says I probably have a problem with my 'body computer'. Suggested I try disconnecting the battery for an hour, and hope for the best. He can't replace it, and it'll cost me a grand at the dealer.

Well, it works. For a time. A week, a month, maybe a day or two.

But, I'm starting to carry a 13 mm wrench in my pocket. I'm doing this far too often.

60,000 miles, live on a dusty dirt road, have a fresh clean battery, and *******ly no other problems.

Any suggestions anyone?

Clayton

Old 03-02-2009, 02:00 PM
smokem10

I have the exact same problem...I guess its a problem with the 2005 GC. You don't need to un hook the battery, just go to the fuse box under the hood and pull out the IOD fuse for 10 secs and put it back in. The problem is that the BCM needs a software update. The dealer charges $92 to update the BCM or at least my dealer does (SOCAL). HTH....

Rocky

Old 03-09-2009, 01:46 PM
fastgta

I have this problem on my base 2000 Caravan. I've found if I tap on the fuse box under the dash a few times they start working again. I don't know if it's a bad relay or a bad connection. Not sure how much of a difference between a 00 and an 05.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Door locks failing on 2005 -disconnect battery and they work again.