Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

1998 Grand Caravan: Right Turn Signal and Warning Chime suddenly went off together

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 07:24 PM
kroyce
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Grand Caravan: Right Turn Signal and Warning Chime suddenly went off together

My wife had a really weird experience with the van while driving to work this morning and I have no idea where to start troubleshooting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vehicle Details:
1998 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L (Not flex fuel)

Problem Description:
Just exited the freeway and turned right onto surface street. Immediately after turning, the turn signal switch turned itself off as expected. Shortly after that the turn signal indicator on the dashboard started blinking and the chime that normally sounds when one of the idiot lights turns on started chiming. No idiot lights where lit up.

Driving Conditions:
Dry
Light Traffic

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

Old 06-17-2009, 11:30 AM
middleton1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is likely that it was the idiot chime for "you left your turn signal on". We had it go off in our 1998 Grand Caravan when on a very long cloverleaf interchange. It tiook me about 50 miles of driving to puzzle it out.

Quick Reply: 1998 Grand Caravan: Right Turn Signal and Warning Chime suddenly went off together