Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

timing cover coolant leak - how hard to fix?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 07:11 AM
beeworth65
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reply To Cooling Leak On Dodge Grand Caravan 2000

I love the comfort and ride of my old Dodge Grand Caravan 2000. So it is with dismay and sorrow that I realize I might have to give her up due to a suspected event.

My white coolant container is dry and that means something is amiss.

I think the thermostat is functioning properly, yet my wife has complained of the heater not throwing out heat soon enough.

I don't have the patience to fix an expensive problem such as gasket removal et cetera even though I might theoretically have the ability, and I am not really willing to put out thousands of dollars...

Guess I'll go to my garage this morning put some green stuff or water in and start doing some minor detective work on loose fittings and garage floor evidence, if any.

Wish me luck and God's blessing.

beeworth65

Old 12-08-2016, 10:10 PM
Rbarrett408
Default Timing Cover coolant leak

I have a 1999 Dodge caravan 3.3L V-6 with a coolant leak right below the thermastat between the engine and the timing cover. Most likely a blown O-ring. Yes? Now how hard is it to fix and will there be a need to drain the oil as well as the coolant?

Old 04-22-2017, 02:09 AM
Scooter9000

Originally Posted by Rbarrett408
I have a 1999 Dodge caravan 3.3L V-6 with a coolant leak right below the thermastat between the engine and the timing cover. Most likely a blown O-ring. Yes? Now how hard is it to fix and will there be a need to drain the oil as well as the coolant?
nobody got back to u about it? Did u find problem? I might have same.

Old 12-10-2020, 03:28 AM
Ricardo Rodriguez

Yes, please send them over. Thank you.

Quick Reply: timing cover coolant leak - how hard to fix?